Manager, Performance Management and Evaluation Yukon, Canada
12 years of developing and implementing Performance Management/RBM frameworks
Board governance Building quality assurance and program evaluation/work process reviews,
Policy & procedures development
Strategic development and business planning
Change management - working with staff to understand and be engaged (facilitation)
Superb analytical skills and writing/organization skills
|Évaluation :||Non évalué (Nouveau)|
|Taux/Coût horaire :||91,99 $ par heure|
|Disponible à partir de :||Maintenant|
|ID de Pigiste :||100317|
Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with First Nations and public sector organizations in all three Canadian territories, in the following areas:
▪ Performance/results-based management, Board governance, quality assurance, program evaluation & work process review, policy & strategic development, corporate planning and continuous improvement, change management.
▪ Excellent writing, facilitation, research, organization and presentation skills.
▪ Master's Degree in Economics from Queen's University - courses in Industrial Relations/Org. Behaviour
(jul 2005 & en cours)
Manager, Corporate DevelopmentWhitehorse, Yukon
Leading the Executive Team through the development and implementation of a results-based management framework. This framework involves identifying the key results or differences that the Board seeks to achieve or influence on behalf of its stakeholders, and ensuring that financial and staff resources are aligned accordingly. This framework has led to the development of the YWCHSB’s inaugural Risk Management Framework. An underlying theme of the YWCHSB’s successful approach has been the adoption of change management principles to influence organizational culture.
In concert with the results-based management framework, currently working with senior executives to identify improvements in how the organization makes, implements and monitors strategic decisions. This work is leading to the development of a Results-Based Corporate Governance Policy. Have also developed a program evaluation and quality assurance framework for the YWCHSB, and have led several staff-based workshops on model implementation.
Leading several internal process re-engineering teams to identify improvements to efficiency, accountability and customer service. Key elements of this responsibility include the development of a work process methodology, facilitating internal work discussions and presenting progress reports to Executive Committee.
(jan 2002 à jun 2005)
Senior Advisor and Chair, Results-Based Management Steering CommitteeYellowknife, Northwest Territories
Led an executive team that designed and implemented the NWT Region’s results-based governance and performance management framework. This work led to an in-depth review of the Region’s governance processes and structures. Worked with senior executives to examine improvements in how the Region made decisions, culminating in the development of its inaugural Results-Based Corporate Governance Policy.
Led several internal process re-engineering teams to identify improvements to efficiency, accountability and customer service. Key elements of this responsibility include the development of a work process methodology, facilitating internal work discussions and presenting progress reports to Senior Executive Committee.
Acted as a “strategic consultant” to the GNWT/DIAND Shared Management Agreement Committee, which led to the identification of opportunities for the Federal Government and the Government of the Northwest Territories to work closely to reduce overlap and duplication in the provision of public services.
(1997 à 2002)
Manager, Corporate PerformanceWorkers’ Compensation Board of the Northwest Territories & Nunavut , Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Led a team in the development and implementation of a comprehensive performance management system, which included development of the Board’s Balanced Scorecard strategy and identification of impact/outcome measures for key WCB programs and services. Our team’s innovative approach to measuring organizational performance led to me being chosen as a keynote speaker at the Canadian Institute’s 2001 Performance Management conference (Ottawa
Supervised a team of policy advisors, this position provided strategic support and advice to the Senior Management Committee and the Board of Directors by:
- Facilitating the Board’s strategic planning sessions and developing its annual Corporate/Strategic Plan;
- Leading the WCB’s Continuous Improvement and Performance Management teams, and conducting program and best practices evaluations (quality assurance);
Provided advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors and President, primarily in the form of decision papers, policies and Ministerial briefings. Also, made recommendations on issues such as alternative dispute resolution, workplace safety and financial incentive programs. Provided research assistance re: strategic planning, and drafted sections of the WCB’s annual Corporate Plan, Annual Report and the Board’s Communications Strategy.
(1993 à 1997)
Fiscal Policy AdvisorDepartment of Finance, Government of the Northwest Territories , Yellowknife
▪ Provided analysis and recommendations on matters pertaining to fiscal and tax policy to Senior Management, the Minister of Finance and to Cabinet, including drafting ministerial briefings on economic and fiscal policy. Also, forecasted the Government’s income tax revenues, and provided assistance in the negotiation of an intergovernmental agreement on reducing overlap and duplication in government programs.
(1995 à 1996)
Lecturer in Economics (night school)Athabasca University , Yellowknife
▪ Developed course outlines, lecture material and examinations, and taught economics.
Economist (MA, Economics, Queen's University)
( 1992 à 1993)
Master of Arts, Economics
▪ Main areas of specialization included public finance, cost-benefit analysis and economic development.
▪ Assisted the Chairperson in researching, writing and editing a number of papers and a textbook.
( 1987 à 1991)
Wilfrid Laurier University
▪ Honours Bachelor of Arts, Economics (Co-op Education Program & Business Administration Options)
▪ Worked four-month terms at Canada Post, Correctional Services Canada and DOW Chemical Canada
WORK & PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
▪ Speaker at numerous performance management and governance conferences in Ottawa/Toronto.
▪ Developed and implemented a results-based management and governance model for both the WCB and DIAND.
▪ Developed a tax options consultation program for the GNWT Department of Finance.
▪ Past-President and Chairperson of the Ptarmigan Theatrics Board of Directors.
▪ Wrote, performed, produced and published three music cds.
▪ Drafted sections of the Ontario Fair Tax Commission’s Final Report.
Catégories et champs d'expertise
- Analyse des écarts (Conseil aux entreprises)
- Analyse stratégique (Conseil aux entreprises)
- Conception de processus
- Création de plan d'affaires (Conseil aux entreprises)
- Développement organisationnel
- Gestion des risques
- Gouvernance corporative
- Planification d'entreprise (Conseil aux entreprises)
- Réingénierie des affaires (Conseil aux entreprises)
- Schématisation des processus